Kelly has practiced exclusively as a criminal defence lawyer for over 30 years, representing clients charged with offences ranging from theft to murder. He has conducted criminal cases across Alberta and western Canada, and at every level of trial and appellate court level, including the Supreme Court of Canada. He is a founder and current managing partner of the firm.
Kelly is a past Director and current President of the Criminal Trial Lawyers Association, Alberta’s largest criminal lawyer organization. He is also a member of the Canadian Council of Criminal Defence Lawyers. He frequently acts as an instructor and lecturer for the Legal Education Society of Alberta, University of Alberta Law School and other professional legal bodies and police services on a range of criminal law topics, primarily in the area of courtroom advocacy skills. Together with his partners and associates, he has served as a criminal law supervisor for Student Legal Services of Edmonton for over 25 years.
Kelly’s is a general criminal trial practice which includes sexual assault, internet crime, impaired and dangerous driving and major thefts. Over the years he has developed a particular interest in cases involving complex expert evidence related to forensic engineering (eg. accident reconstruction for cases involving serious bodily harm/death), computer technology and medical/psychiatric issues.
While Kelly welcomes all new clients, he will always direct you to the lawyer most experienced in his firm to defend your interests for a fee within your budget.
Email: [email protected]
Recent Firm Cases
- R. v. T.S. 2016 Edmonton Provincial Court
- R. v. L.K. 2015 Sherwood Park Prov. Ct.
- R. v. J.P. 2014 Ft. McMurray Prov. Ct.
- R. v. E.S., 2014 Alta. Prov. Ct. (Sherwood Park)
- R. v. R.S., 2014 Alta. Prov. Ct. (Drayton Valley)
- R. v. M.L. 2013 Edmonton Prov. Ct.
- R. v. T.K. 2013 Boyle Prov. Ct.
- R. v. D.B. 2013 Wetaskiwin Court of Queen’s Bench
- R. v. J.N. 2013 Alta. Prov. Ct.
- R. v. T.G. 2013 Alta. Queen’s Bench