Kelly has been a criminal lawyer for 35 years, defending thousands of criminal cases ranging from theft to murder. He has appeared in courts across Alberta, B.C. and Saskatchewan, as well as the Supreme Court of Canada. He is a founding partner of DDSG Criminal Law, currently serving as its managing partner.
Kelly is deeply committed to the rule of law, and the essential role that fearless and effective defence lawyers serve in its preservation. Over his long career, Kelly has volunteered his time and experience with several organizations dedicated to the rule of law, including:
- President of the Criminal Trial Lawyers Association of Alberta from 2015-2017, and member of its Board of Directors for over 20 years
- Member of the Canadian Council of Criminal Defence Lawyers
- Member of the International Criminal Bar
- Instructor for the Legal Education Society of Alberta, Law Society of Alberta, University of Alberta Law School, as well as the Edmonton Police Service cadet training program, on a range of criminal law topics including advocacy techniques, evidence, sentencing and practice management.
- Criminal law supervisor for the University of Alberta Law School’s Student Legal Services for over 25 years.
- Law Society of Alberta Professional Mentoring Program
Kelly will defend you aggressively regardless of the allegations you are facing, including charges such as:
- Sexual Assault
- Internet Luring/Pornography
- DUI (Impaired Driving)
- Dangerous Driving
While Kelly welcomes all new clients, but he will always direct you to the lawyer most able to defend your legal interests at a fee you can afford.
Recent Firm Cases
- R. v. T.S. 2016 Edmonton Provincial Court
- R. v. L.K. 2015 Sherwood Park Prov. Ct.
- R. v. J.P. 2014 Ft. McMurray Prov. Ct.
- R. v. E.S., 2014 Alta. Prov. Ct. (Sherwood Park)
- R. v. R.S., 2014 Alta. Prov. Ct. (Drayton Valley)
- R. v. M.L. 2013 Edmonton Prov. Ct.
- R. v. T.K. 2013 Boyle Prov. Ct.
- R. v. D.B. 2013 Wetaskiwin Court of Queen’s Bench
- R. v. J.N. 2013 Alta. Prov. Ct.
- R. v. T.G. 2013 Alta. Queen’s Bench