Lauren received her Bachelor of Science in 1987 and graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Alberta in 2000. Lauren’s law school experience included extensive work with Student Legal Services, assisting persons in court charged with traffic and minor criminal charges. She received the Jim Brimacombe award for advocacy and represented Western Canada in the nationwide Sopinka Cup Trial Moot.
Lauren articled with our firm and was admitted as a Barrister to the Law Society of Alberta in 2001. Lauren stayed with the firm as an Associate Lawyer, restricting her practice to the area of criminal law. Upon completing a one year sabbatical, during which she conducted pure legal research and writing for the firm, Lauren return to active courtroom practice. During her sabbatical and since she has developed relative fluency in the Spanish language and assists many Spanish speaking clients before the courts. In January 2006 she became a Partner with the firm.
Lauren is one of our Ft. McMurray Branch Office’s managing partners, dividing her time largely between assisting our Fort McMurray and Edmonton area clients.
She handles any criminal case regardless of the charge, with a particular interest in:
Laura is also a busy member of our criminal appeal section. She has written and conducted appeals at all appellate court levels, including the Supreme Court of Canada
Recent Firm Cases
- R. v. J.B. 2016 Fort McMurray Provincial Court
- R. v. D.A. 2015 Wetaskiwin Court of Queen’s Bench
- R. v. M. H. 2013 Stony Plain Prov Ct.
- R. v. S. S. 2013 Fort Saskatchewan Prov Ct.
- R. v. B. A. 2013 Fort McMurray Prov Ct.
- R. v. K. W. 2013 Edmonton Prov Ct.
- R. v. K. A. 2012 Fort McMurray prov Ct.
- R. v. P. F. 2013 Stony Plain Prov Ct.
- R. v. D.M. 2012 Ft. McMurray Queen’s Bench
- R. v. M.K. June 2012 Ft. McMurray Prov. Ct.